Wednesday, July 24, 2013

KISP Grade 4 class


All teachers want their students to understand their lessons, but not everyone can make their students learn to understand.

This is something we miss out when we want to be popular. We tend to compromise what is essential, and give importance to what is superficial. In my seven years of teaching, I have noticed that the more popular teachers are those who are easily persuaded, and those who give free time and easy tests. But the ones who are most treasured by their students are those who have touched their lives and instilled values and discipline in them. I would like to belong to the latter group.

I am used to being referred to as a very strict teacher; even scary to some. So it is quite a joy in my heart each time I receive a letter from a student for it could only mean one thing for me: the child sees and feels my heart beyond my strict disposition in class.

Imagine my disbelief when I received a compiled letter from Grade 4 (thanks too to teacher Kim Nan Young, their homeroom adviser). I was overflowing with positive feelings.

I am sharing the pictures of their letters. You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge.


from Jung Chan-Joo
from Kim Yeon Tae / Daniel
from Jeong Jitaek / Arnold
from Baek Chan Yeop / Jack
from Mia Cayton
from Jung Hee-Joo
from Park Jonghyuk / Nicky
from Yang Seo Yun / Xavier
from Francis Clemente
from Jin Min Hwan / Kevin
from Choi Bin
from Kim Ye Jun / Paul
from Lee Byungkun / Michael
from Cho Minkyoung / Melody
To Grade 4: Thank you for your appreciation. As I have said, you may meet a lot of teachers in your lifetime and many of us you may forget. But always remember the way it feels when you are able to solve a math problem you thought impossible to solve. Keep studying, and live a happy life. I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment