Friday, January 3, 2014

My Pick: 2013 Revisited


My 2013 was a blast. There were many ups and downs just like the years past, but there were few significant events that have made my 2013 like no other years that have gone by. The following are my pick for personal milestones and events of 2013.
  1. House Investment in Antipolo. It's never too late to invest in a house of your own. Thanks to my sisters who persuaded me to get one, I have just started paying for a house. It is NOT grand, but it is still something worth investing.
  2. Mutual Fund Investment. I could say the same line on this -- never too late, but there's always the right timing. While I am glad I invested, I'm thinking I could have done it at a better time; not when the stocks were up. For more information on mutual fund investment, check out my blogs: Mutual Funds Basics ; Mutual Funds: Know How Your Money Earns.
  3. Blogging. I actually started this blog in 2012, but was never as active as last year. Although I never intend to blog full-time nor be famous with blogging, this activity gives me a break from my daytime profession.
  4. Samsung Note 8.0. Yes, this is a milestone in my not-so-technology-driven-life.
  5. Mathematical Studies IB. I never planned to be an IB teacher, but now that I'm teaching at an IB World school, I have teaching loads under the IB program. I actually never planned to be a teacher, but God has other plans and I'm thankful for His plan.
  6. Puerto Galera and Baguio trips. It was my first time in Puerto Galera, and I must say Boracay is way better. It wasn't my first in Baguio, but last year's trip was full of adventure. Memorable trips.
  7. Million People March. I failed to enlist in any Yolanda drive or program, so this is my social contribution for 2013. 
This year, I have no resolutions -- just like in the years past. But I have aspirations (more like small goals) that I hope to achieve. 
I can't wait for 2014 to unfold and bless me with more fun and life. The year has just started and I feel the promise of a bountiful year.
Let's toast to a GREAT 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment